Tuesday 2 September 2014

Book Review: To Fudge or Not To Fudge by Nancy Coco

Fudge meets reality tv in the latest installment in the Candy-Coated Mysteries. Fudge extraordinaire, Allie McMurphy, is busy working at her fudge shop and hotel and preparing for the Lilac Festival. When her old culinary school teacher asks her to fill in a spot on a reality tv show she hopes for some publicity for her hotel, but what she doesn't bank on is murder. With random bones turning up in mulch around town and another dead body on set, this is one mystery that Allie and her friends will have trouble untangling.

I really, really liked All Fudged Up. I love finding new fudge recipes and creating my own fudge recipes as well, and I love the concept of a mystery series surrounding a fudge shop. Allie, her dog "Mal", short for Marshmallow, and all the people in town are so fun to visit with! If you love mysteries with dogs you will love Mal. With Mal's love of digging up bones it seems like she's almost got this mystery solved before the police!! Imagine the police chasing a dog with a human bone in its mouth and you will see the hilarity in the pages of To Fudge or Not to Fudge.

I like Allie McMurphy and not just for her ability to make my mouth water as she makes fudge, she's also a fun heroine, who has a taste for adventure. Between cooking on the reality tv show and running the McMurphy it is amazing that Allie has time to solve a murder, but between Allie and her friends, and Mal too!, they sure do give this one their best shot.

To Fudge or Not to Fudge was as enticing and tasty as a pan of fudge! The mystery kept me on the edge of the seat, and I love visiting with Allie's friends and family. I know I will be counting down the days until the next mystery with Allie McMurphy.

Check out To Fudge or Not to Fudge by Nancy Coco at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment