Friday 29 August 2014

Book Review: Christmas in Paradise by Kathi Daley

Christmas in Paradise is the fourth book in the Paradise Lake mysteries featuring TJ Jensen, and definitely my favourite to date. Alike to most cozy mystery series each book builds on the previous books. Each book in this series can be read as a standalone, but I'm glad I've read them in order. I've loved watching the relationships and friendships of TJ Jensen and her family and friends grow and develop, and Kathi Daley's skill at great character development is more than evident in Christmas in Paradise.

TJ Jensen has a wonderful and unique family. She's the guardian of her two sisters and has a extended family of "uncles" and "aunts" for her sisters, made up of her delightful friends. It's the holiday season and I loved seeing this big family settle down for a Thanksgiving meal, that included four turkeys!! It would have been picture perfect, except for the dead body...

I really enjoyed the mystery. I don't want to give too much away but I love how deep the mystery went. Kathi Daley clearly plots out her mysteries carefully and they always keep me guessing.

Christmas in Paradise was another great installment in the TJ Jensen mysteries. This is a fun, suspenseful series and I can't wait to see what TJ Jensen gets up to next.

No comments:

Post a Comment